y is for yam-boy

Merchant William Robinson left Penrith to develop his family's business interests but the town and its people stayed close to his heart.  In 1661 his will generously endowed a school where poor girls would learn to read, write, knit and sew.  Robinson's Infant School is now home to the district's museum.  

William comes home this summer to the Beneath the Beacon exhibition.